The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies; it is part of a worldwide network of 189 National Societies. The purpose of the Swiss Red Cross activities is to protect the lives, health and dignity of human beings worldwide, the Swiss Red Cross is active in a large number of humanitarian programmes.
The Swiss Red Cross in Vietnam works collaboratively with the Vietnamese Red Cross particularly in the sectors of health, rural development and disaster risk reduction.
The Swiss Red Cross has a small and functional office in the Capital of Hanoi in charge of coordination aspects with the Vietnamese Red Cross, the wider Red Cross Movement in Vietnam, and other Disaster Risk Management stakeholders.
In June 2012 the Swiss Red Cross began working in partnership with the Vietnamese Red Cross to deliver Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) services to most vulnerable communes of the province of Ca Mau. The first project was completed in 2014 and second phase commenced in December 2015.
Who we are looking for
You are a talented, dynamic, and highly motivated person who is interested in learning about humanitarian work through an intensive Internship to support our work. You have a high degree of initiative and flexibility and you are able to apply your skills to any task. You must also be interested in being exposed to all aspects of our work, including administration, finance and travel to the field to support communities to reduce their disaster risk. You are a team player who is willing to support their colleagues whenever needed and you have a positive outlook on life and work.
Job description – Internship
Title: Junior Officer – Intern
Reference: 12 months contract – based in Hanoi with occasional travel to project areas.
Supervisor: Office Manager
Starting from: March 2016
1. Overall Responsibilities
- Supporting administration and logistics including: ordering monthly payments invoices; translating documents; ordering office stationery; and organizing travel.
- Support the development of communication tools to promote the work of the Swiss Red Cross and its partners through awareness campaigns, updating social websites, shooting videos, and writing stories for the newsletter.
- Undertake written translations of documents from English to Vietnamese and vice versa.
- Support the Country Coordinator in meetings interpreting Vietnamese into English and vice versa.
- Collecting, synthesizing and formatting monthly reports in English.
- Updating and supporting filing system management.
- Assisting SRC Team in Hanoi in their daily tasks.
2. Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- University Degree obtained with high academic achievements.
- Speaks/writes clearly and effectively in English and Vietnamese.
- Proactive and responsible.
- Good attention to details.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong ability to work as a part of a Team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, constructive and with a positive mindset.
- Honest, transparent and with a good sense of humor.
- Capacity to foresee issues and propose innovative and practical solutions.
- Commitment to values and principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applicants are invited to send their CVs and Motivation Letter to Ms Trang at email@example.com by Monday 20 February at 05.00 PM.
Candidate reviews will commence immediately upon publication of this announcement and will continue until suitable candidate has been identified. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Hạn cuối: 20/02/2017