The ILO Office in Vietnam invites applications from Vietnamese nationals for the positions below:
The responsibilities and tasks of the position will be carried out within the ILO results-based management system and in line with ILO rules and regulations.
National Project Coordinator (Monitoring and Evaluation) , ILO Country Office for Viet Nam (NO-A)
The ILO Country Office for Vietnam is implementing a programme entitled Developing and Implementing a New Industrial Relations Framework in respect of the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work (“NIRF/FPRW Programme”). The aim of the programme is to assist Vietnam to reform and improve the legal and institutional framework relating to industrial relations consistent with the 1998 ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. This programme has been established in the context of providing technical support for the implementation of labour commitments arising from the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) between the United States and Vietnam, and the EU- Vietnam Free Trade Agreement.
The programme will use a comprehensive M&E framework to enable the project’s progression as a whole to be monitored and enable a robust framework to managing for results based outcomes under the ILO’s Programme and Budget (2016 – 2017) and in accordance with the objectives of the projects. In accordance with ILO rules for Technical Cooperation projects of this size, the project will have an independent midterm and final evaluation.
The National Project Coordinator (M&E) will report to the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) of the NIRF/FPRW Programme and will work in close collaboration with the NIRF/FPRW team and other staff members in the Country Office. The incumbent will also be required to maintain a close working relationship with the ILO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and the Inclusive Labour Market, Labour Relations and Working Conditions Branch (INWORK) in ILO Headquarters.
The position is based in Hanoi, at the grade of NO-A (UN Salary Scale).
Minimum Requirements include:
- University degree in social science, development studies, economics, public policy, statistics, demographics, or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the monitoring and evaluation field. Experience working in international development is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Vietnamese languages
- Ability to articulate M&E concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to use analytical tools and qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Ability to conceptualise, plan, coordinate and conduct straight- forward research work.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data and apply critical thinking.
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good computer skills including use of standard office applications.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and able to identify risks.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent time management skills.
Application deadline: 15th January 2017
Details of the vacancies are available at the ILO Country Office for Viet Nam website: http://www.ilo.org/hanoi/Aboutus/WCMS_445482/lang--en/index.htm
The application letter together with CV should be submitted to the ILO Country Office for Viet Nam at the email address: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Sun, 2017-01-15