Aide et Action International (AEAI) is an international NGO, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. AEA International began its programs in 1981 and is now working in more than 20 countries across Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, South Asia, Southeast Asia and China to support the development of sustainable education projects with our belief in the universal right to a quality education. Each AEAI intervention is based around this ethos.
In Vietnam, AEA started working in 2003. Our approaches focus on early transformation during two time periods which are most critical in a child’s schooling, Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) to basic education. Over 10 years of experiences along with local communities, partner organizations, and governments, we have implemented a number of projects in various locations. We are currently recruiting a creative, enthusiastic and innovative candidate to fill the following position.
Job Title: Livelihood Education Officer
Directly reports to: Country Representative
Technically reports to: Livelihood Education Manager
Location: Hanoi – Vietnam
Travel Required: 25 - 40% to project sites and other countries
Position objectives: Timely and effective implementation of vocational training activities in collaboration with partners and training providers:
- Establish and maintain transparent, functional relationships with business/corporates
- Deliver and oversee the project activities
- Ensure daily vocational training activities follow implementation guidelines
- Assist the Livelihood Education Manager in liaising with other Organizations on the ground and in meetings when related to vocational training
- Gather information on the local context, target communities and employers to assist the Livelihoods Manager in selecting market-oriented vocational training courses that match the needs of employers in the project area
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to organize and deliver vocational training activities, in full compliance with AEA standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Actively participate in the collection of data for beneficiary verifications and households assessments related to vocational training beneficiaries
- Assist the Livelihood Manager in preparing vocational training activity plans, in consultation with the training providers
- Support and supervise the enrolment and regular attendance of beneficiaries in vocational training, as per procedures agreed between Finance and Program
- Organize vocational training courses and supervise their implementation, ensuring that all logistical arrangements are taken and that beneficiaries attend regularly
- Collect all information sheets (beneficiary lists, registration forms, distribution lists, and others) at the training venue and analyse them on a timely basis, in order to ensure prompt data entry
- Arrange appropriate training and development opportunities to support the future employment opportunities of the beneficiaries
- Ensure young people are supported, supervised and managed effectively
- Write impactful business plan that will act as a future strategy for growth
- Perform others as required by the Country Representative
- Experience in community mobilization and participatory decision making highly preferred and valued
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in conducting emergency assessments, field-level data collection, and experience analyzing field data and concisely reporting on results.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- 2-3 years working experience for INGOs preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Education degree: Bachelor Degree Field of education: Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Science, Economics, Agriculture or related fields
- Languages: Excellent command of English languages and knowledge of French is an asset.
AEAI vision and values
Vision: A world where each person’s dignity is assured through education which is central to human development
Values: Our actions are guided by the values of freedom, respect, solidarity, equity, and integrity
Please send your application letter, CV and related qualification to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2nd February 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests/interviews.