Handicap International (HI) is active in Viet Nam since 1989. The organization’s vision is one of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied.
Despite an increased awareness in Vietnam of the impact of brain lesions on the quality of life of persons with disabilities, there remain serious gaps in service provision and unmet individual needs. Based on the recently drafted National Action Plan For rehabilitation of the MOH, HI implements, with the support of USAID, a project of 5 years aiming to provide higher quality of life of Vietnamese persons with disabilities through improved rehabilitation and medical care management through the 1/ development of reference protocols , 2/ Capacity building for active professionals (health, rehabilitation, social) and the promotion of the 3/ Access to comprehensive approach and quality services to people with disabilities. The main activities will take place in Hanoi, Hue, Ho Chi Minh and Dong Nai and the main stakeholders are provincial rehabilitation/ district hospitals, rehabilitation departments and universities.
We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated person to fill the position of PROJECT ASSISTANT
Position type: Service contract part time job with about 40 hours per month, 1 year contract and renewable.
Interfacing: The Project Assistant is supervised by the Operational Coordinator (OC) and work closely with project team at the project sites.
The purpose of this position is to assist operational team in data collection as well as implementation some of the project activities which covers the below tasks:
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Data collection
- Work with assigned staff in partner hospitals in Hanoi to collect the filled records in 28th day every month.
- Check the collected data at site level and fix the error when it appears.
- Perform data entry. Ensuring accuracy of entered data and comparing it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Assist in reviewing and checking data generated are being in line with target indicators.
2. Organize and implement activities
- Organize meetings with partners on the project’s activities
- Support direct implementation of project activities in coordination with project team members and partners
- Ensure good coordination, communication and relations with the project team and partners
3. Monitoring, follow up activities and reporting
- Support follow up and reporting of the activities that may include trainings, information campaign, facilitation, data collecting, advocacy, etc
- Support information flow to the other project members
- Maintain hard and soft filing systems for records
- Assist in preparing monthly/quarterly report in term of indicator and target achievement
4. General term
- Advocate to public and private, national and international organizations and agencies to promote inclusion of disability issues
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- English language
- Good skill in MS Office
Applications should include:
- A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 2 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
- An application letter (no more than 01 pages);
- 01 work referees and contact details.
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by 28th February 2017
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. For detailed information on Handicap International, visit our website: www.handicapvietnam.org