SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is looking for a Management Support Officer (20 hours a week)
SNV is a not-for-profit development organisation with long-term presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our international team of over 1200 experts works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the knowledge and connections to lift themselves out of poverty. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. With over € 100 million annual turnover, SNV is aiming for further growth.
As Management Support Officer (MSO) you are responsible for executive and administrative support to the Managing Director of the Energy sector (MD). You will create optimal conditions for the MD to execute his tasks. The MSO will support the MD in the management cycle within his cluster of countries by collecting, analysing and flagging management information. The MSO is expected to participate in internal projects and to support the MD by doing desk research, and provide support in project communication and advocacy work. You will also take care of complex calendar and logistics management for the MD and Global Sector Coordinator, (sector) meeting scheduling and manage appropriate (confidential) correspondence in a timely manner.
• Support the MD in oversight of the country management cycle (Management Agreements, Midyear Reviews) in the MD’s cluster of countries;
• Compile and analyse sector management information for the Energy sector team;
• Collect, analyse and interpret information (desk research) for the Energy sector team;
• Draft agendas, meetings notes, emails and other communication on behalf of the MD;
• Deal with queries, prepare documentation for meetings and assist in making presentations;
• Coordinate all travel arrangements for MD and GsCs (air, hotel, visa);
• Support to specific projects and activities on request by the MD.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or relevant other study;
• Understand the environment in which SNV operates. Knowledge of the Energy sector is an asset;
• Proactive, independent work approach and a high attention to detail and accuracy;
• Analytical and experience with desk research;
• To prioritise, organise and plan is your second nature;
• Demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and confidentiality at all time;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably French;
• Experience in using MS Office and SharePoint.
DUTY STATION: Hanoi (Vietnam)
CONTRACT PERIOD: 1 year initially, extendable
DESIRED APPOINTMENT DATE: 1 April 2017
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application letter and CV, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package, to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17th, 2017, 5:00 P.M. Hanoi time.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.