Tổ chức Viện trợ Nhân dân Na-Uy (Norwegian People’s Aid - NPA) là một tổ chức Phi chính phủ hoạt động trong lĩnh vực hỗ trợ rà phá bom mìn, vật liệu chưa nổ, phục hồi môi trường và truyền thông giảm thiểu hậu quả chiến tranh.
Position: Project Officer – PO
Department/Project/Region: HD Programme / DFID Project / Vietnam
The position requires education and experience in project management. Excellent communications and diplomacy skills are required as is a proven track record of constructive stakeholder dialogue in capacity building in post-conflict context. In-depth knowledge of results based management, working towards log frames and theory of changes is required.
The DFID Project Officer has the overall responsibility for the project, including deliveries of the delegated tasks. All responsibilities including overall planning, donor reporting and budget oversight and management has to be carried out in accordance with the strategic objectives, donor approved plans and corresponding deliverables in close collaboration with the Country Director and DFID Program Coordinator at HO.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of the capacity development project with the VNMAC and Quang Tri Authorities, its mode of operation and geographical targeting.
- Maintaining a proper project hierarchy, reporting and annual plans for internal management, implementation and monitoring.
- Coordinate closely with all relevant stakeholders, local and national authorities.
- Facilitate consultancy from international agencies and consultants.
- Facilitate project requirements to support the Technical Advisor to fulfil their job description, role and individual tasks.
- Be in charge of the development, monitoring and management of the project according to strategies, plans and budgets in accordance with overall NPA guidelines and NPA HD strategy and policies, with emphasis on relevance, quality, cost efficiency and impact.
- To provide the CD with a contextual analysis of the national mine action program, its status, space for contribution from NPA and engage the authorities towards that engagement.
- To coordinate correspondence between the Vietnamese national and local authorities and NPA Vietnam.
- Provide ongoing support to project partner organizations to implement activities under the project
- Collect and analyse information relating to the progress, structure, status and space for NPA to contribute into the national mine action programme and provide input to the CD for the design and development of the NPA Vietnam programme strategy, policy and activities,
- Follow the establishment of the VNMAC and liaise with authorities for assistance and contributions from NPA into its development,
- In coordination with CD to network and liaise with relevant organisations to support coordination and development of Mine action in Vietnam, both at the national and provincial (Quang Tri namely) levels,
- Conduct proposal assessment from existing or potential partners.
- Review and develop the scope and progress of the projects, including the preparation of a phase out plan,
- With input from the Technical Advisor, write narrative, budgetary plans and reports, secure coherence between activity, finance and budget.
- Liaison with stakeholders to implement plans under the project, including but not limited to the organisation of workshops, events, conferences and training,
- Provide translation and interpretation when required, specifically Mine Action focused content, Perform other tasks and duties that may be assigned or delegated by CD
Skills – Experience – Qualification
This position requires a Bachelor at a minimum in social science and/or development with at least 2-3 year experience at junior management level (at a minimum) as well as good operational understanding. Excellent communications and diplomacy skills are required as is a proven track record of constructive stakeholder dialogue. Experience and skills would encompass the following:
- Understanding of technical mine action and/or EOD background is an asset.
- Excellent cooperating ability (national and international personnel) as well as ability to work in difficult and complex conditions when necessary
- Experience from implementing projects (project planning, implementation, follow up and reporting, writing project proposals, budgeting and fundraising) is an asset.
- Education and/ or experience in logistics and administration are an asset.
- Experience in coordinating with or developing national capacities is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure and limited supervision.
- Ability to work in and adapt to difficult and complex cultures and conditions.
- Experience in working with internationals.
- Good knowledge in computer handling and data acquisition.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English is essential.
How to apply
Please submit your CV (in English) and cover letter (in English) to email address:firstname.lastname@example.org. Title: NPA_Project Officer_Candidate’s full name
Any question please contact Ms. Tram: 043.8265118