Purpose – Deepen and expand UNDP’s coherent and coordinated approach to fostering partnerships. Carry out outreach and engagement activities; reinforce external communication, policy advocacy and partnership activities.
Reporting structure and partners – reports directly to the Country Director. Collaborates with civil society, private sector, strengthens partnership with government and develops new partnership with emerging partners.
The One UN Strategic Plan (2017-2021) provides for the UN to support Viet Nam as a lower-middle income country on a rapid growth trajectory to embark on a more inclusive and equitable human development agenda, in support of achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. In this context, UNDP along with other UN agencies is making the transition from a role predominantly as a donor to a development partner and its new business model builds on a combination of policy advisory technical assistance and value-adding services. UNDP works as a connector, facilitator of knowledge and partnerships to deliver transformational development results at scale.
As part of this orientation, the Country Office will strengthen its focus on partnerships with multiple stakeholders. This will include deepening its partnership with Government; expanding collaboration with civil society; exploring new forms of partnership with the private sector; and developing new and innovative partnerships together with existing and emerging partners.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, working closely with the Deputy Country Director as well as programme and operations staff, the Partnerships Specialist will work to deepen and expand UNDP’s coherent and coordinated approach to fostering partnerships. The Partnership Specialist will play a key role in outreach and engagement activities; reinforcing external communication, policy advocacy and partnership activities that help to generate effective partnerships; promoting new avenues and pipeline creation, and monitoring the effective implementation of strategic partnership frameworks. Within the context of the UN agencies Delivering as One in Viet Nam, the Partnerships Specialist will also support UNDP’s visibility and joint UN partnership and resource mobilization activities and collaborate with staff of other UN agencies.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all aspects of the development and implementation of CO partnership and resource mobilization policies, strategies and plans through:
· Identify partnership priorities as input to the design and development CO strategies and support the alignment with country programme development objectives;
· Contribute to the development of joint UN resource mobilization policies, programmes, and initiatives
· Set and monitor CO partnership priorities, goals, and key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the CO partnership and resource mobilization strategies;
· Coordinate resource mobilization efforts across programme teams and ensure a coordinated approach to pipeline management/monitoring;
· Assist programme staff with the preparation of high quality briefing notes and concept notes to support partnership and resource mobilization engagements;
· Substantively contribute to the development of CO Strategic Results Frameworks;
· Keep abreast of innovations in partnership building and resource mobilization, corporately as well as outside UNDP, and keep track on changes in corporate agreements with donors;
· Liaise with HQ and regional units to facilitate prompt advancement of various resource mobilization and partnership related activities, e.g. legal agreements and donor reporting
2. Coordinate the creation and strengthening of key partnerships that contribute to UNDP CO’s mission, mandate, and achievement of development results, including securing resource commitments through:
· Contribute to the framing and oversight of strategic partnership framework/s
· Continuous analysis of the external partnership environment to identify and advise senior management on viable new, innovative partnership opportunities for UNDP;
· Thorough analysis of priorities of potential partners and their strategic interests (intelligence and research), with a view to identify priorities of common interest
· Participate and represent UNDP in key partnership meetings to explore new opportunities, as requested
· Identify ways in which existing partnerships can be expanded to new thematic areas;
· Maintain a tracking database of donor contributions monitoring key indicators and delivery on CO’s commitment
· Advise Senior Management on relationships with development partners and recommend courses of action to strengthen relationships.
· Support, as needed, the conceptualization of partnerships as a component within programme delivery (e.g. fostering of multi-stakeholder platforms in projects)
3. Facilitate partnership/resource mobilization capacity-building and knowledge-sharing in the CO through:
· Advise country office staff on advocacy strategies and methods for proactive and strategic targeting of partners and facilitate direct engagement with intended partners;
· Facilitate partnership and resource mobilization training to program staff and managers including the development of tools and products, as needed;
· Assess needs and organize training at CO and projects on corporate requirements for resource mobilization (third party cost-sharing agreement, government cost-sharing agreement, TF agreement, and standard agreements with UN Agencies, donor reporting requirements etc)
· Advise on engagement with civil societies, private sector and non-traditional partners to mobilise technical and financial resources.
4. Ensure that CO’s engagement with partners and agreements entered into are in line with the UNDP Programme and Operations Policy and Procedures (POPP), meet quality expectations, and support UNDP’s achievement of the Strategic Plan through:
· Support the identification of appropriate partnership strategies to leverage UNDP’s offer and effect a gradual transition of the business plan
· Monitor progress of key partnerships as well as emerging issues that could affect the country’s partnerships and resource contributions (risk management);
· Alert Senior Management of risks and issues, as appropriate; troubleshoot risks and issues, wherever possible;
· Support country office in engaging with partners through performing quality assurance of communications, project concepts, etc;
· Support other activities to nurture healthy stakeholder partnerships as needed.
5. Contribute to UNDP visibility and advocacy initiatives through:
· Contribute to strategic external communication such as Op-Eds, blogs and speeches
· Organise events to strengthen the quality and quantity of partnerships;
· Support the mainstreaming of partnership perspectives in external communication.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done
Ability to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
- Coordination provider-recipient
Ability to manage complex relationships through pathways of knowledge exchange, capacity development, funding relationships and strategic engagement
Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and balance often contradictory expectations, building and maintaining relationships
Ability to make decisions that align with strategy, vision, and mission
- Innovation outreach and partnerships
Ability to communicate within and at large, participate in peer communities and engage substantively
Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
Ability to substantively engage and foster networks with academia, research institutions, and think tanks
Ability to engage with other parties and forge productive working relationships
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in international relations, economics, political or social sciences, or any development related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience on partnership building or resource mobilization in the context of development cooperation and/or a field related to UNDP’s work (social inclusion and poverty eradication, climate change and environment, governance and participation).
- Excellent writing skills and strong oral presentation skills
- Experience in strategy development and donor and UN partnerships/public relations; Networking, advocacy, lobbying, and/or sales experience; Private sector and NGO experience preferred
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese
- Experience with computer applications and office software packages, experience in
- handling of-web based management systems.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Hạn cuối: 01/02/2017