International Summer Camp Vacancy Announcement
Position: Camp Counselor
This 2017 summer, Golden Path Academics Vietnam is launching summer camps that strive to provide students with even more opportunities to gain knowledge and soft skills that they would not otherwise gain in a Vietnamese classroom. The summer camps will be held at several locations in Vietnam and will consist of both overnight and day-camps. Counselors will be assigned to work at a camp depending on vacancy and availability.
Location: Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City
Job type: Short-term; paid
Duration of employment: 1 to 4 weeks
Time period: June to July 2017 (you can register for up to 12 camp programs, each will last 5 days and 4 nights)
Salary: Up to 12 millions (VND)
Working with: Students aged 9 to 16
Primary function: In this role you will work alongside Golden Path Academics staff to run activities and excursions for a group of students. You will gain valuable leadership experience as a counselor for children and teens, and will also have the option of staying overnight to supervise full-time throughout the course of the program.
What will your main duties and responsibilities be?
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Serving as a positive role model for youth.
- Using your own knowledge and experience to develop activities to teach students the skills they need to prepare to live and study abroad.
- Running a variety of small and large group activities for students, encouraging student participation, and providing information to students regarding activities.
- Attending a training and planning week before the camp session begins.
- Assisting in maintaining program records including incident reports and attendance.
- Taking responsibility for the safety of students and reporting any issues or problems to the Camp Director.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Attending scheduled meetings throughout the program.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?The applicant must:
- Be enthusiastic, positive, creative, responsible, organized, and love to work with children and
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Have the ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and to think and act creatively on the go.
- Commit to work throughout the duration of the program.
How will you benefit from working with us?
- Gain experience working with children and teens.
- Get valuable leadership experience, a great resume booster.
- Make new friends.
- Have fun!
How to Apply?
Please send (1) A cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position and (2) an updated CV in English to:firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing your application please use the following format in the 'subject' line: (post title /your name).
Deadline for application: Feb 15, 2017
Golden Path Academics Vietnam JSC is a private education services company and an exclusive partner of Golden Path Academics, LLC, headquartered in New York, NY. Grounded in the vision that education empowers individuals, GPA Vietnam offers expert knowledge of higher education trends in the U.S. and hands-on experience in the Vietnam market. Our services include college readiness programs for middle school and secondary students preparing for college abroad that include preparatory courses for standardized tests, personal development plans and other university preparatory programs. We strive to fill the void in Vietnamese high schools where students do not have access to a guidance counselor. Placing the students' success above everything else, we are committed to providing high quality and professional services.
GPA’s successes depend entirely on its people. We look for individuals who want to and can be the best in what they do. We want to bring to our team people who have a passion, an interest in the world and a strong desire to help others reach their full potential.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GPA Vietnam is committed to equality of opportunity
Hạn cuối: 15/02/2017