Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Medical Programme Assistant
Duty Station: HCMC, Vietnam
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 10, 2017
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of six months or more.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief Medical Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician, the Medical Programme Assistant will be responsible for the processing of medical files for migrants undergoing medical examination for various health assessment programmes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments for medical examination;
- Perform the registration of migrants for medical examination following Standard Operating Procedure and guidelines;
- Verify identity of migrants prior to registration;
- Enter applicant’s data in IOM database;
- Fill out the medical history record for the applicants;
- Follow up the results of medical examination;
- Upload the results on eMedical and the IOM database;
- Check list of furtherance cases on a daily basis and inform panel physician;
- Finalize the medical files and prepare the completed files for delivery;
- Assist with translations when required;
- Assist other programmes as required;
- Accurately enter data into MiMOSA and other IOM database;
- Verification of invoices;
- Maintain integrity, high quality and client-friendly services;
- Maintain professionalism at all times;
- Perform such other related duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma with four years of work experience or Bachelor Degree with two years of work experience in similar setting and capacity; Working with procedures; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy, confidentiality and integrity in performing responsibilities; Excellent computer skills, especially in Word & Excel; Excellent typing skills, Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills; Excellent Customer Service Skills; Excellent Presentation;
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
- Accountability- accept and give constructive criticism, follow all relevant procedures, processes, and policies, meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Client Orientation- identify the immediate and peripheral clients of own work, establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients
- Continuous Learning- contribute to colleagues' learning, demonstrate interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – actively share relevant information, clearly communicate, and listen to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Creativity and Initiative- proactively develop new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation - convince others to share resources, present goals as shared interests
- Performance Management - provide constructive feedback to colleagues, provide fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing - set clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self, and others, identify priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Professionalism - master subject matter related to responsibilities, identify issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Teamwork - actively contribute to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team Environment, contributes to, and follow team objectives
- Technological Awareness- learn about developments in available technology, proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at vietnam.iom.int
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to email@example.com.