RECRUITMENT : DESIGN, MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER- IN CHARGE OF FUND RAISING (PART-TIME)
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization that plans, implements and raises funds for the provision of services in child education, community development, health, sanitation, and disaster relief projects. Currently Good Neighbors has been operating in 37 countries, supporting approximately 17 million people, including about 10 million children.
Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI) is implementing Community Development Projects (CDP) based on child sponsorship in 3 provinces; Tuyen Quang, Hoa Binh, and Thanh Hoa. GNI is working in main areas as child sponsorship and education, water and sanitation, income generation, etc. in 9 CDPs and is managing about 10,000 sponsored children.
Job title: Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (DME Officer)- in charge of Fund raising
Effective date: February 2017
Department: Operation Division (OD)
Location: Head Office, Hanoi
Reports to: DME Team leader, OD Manager
Type of contract: Part-time
1. KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: Country Director, Managing Director, OD Manager/Officers, Admin-Finance Manager/Officers, Project Manager, Field Officers
External: GNI’s Donors, Partners, Governmental Officials, INGOs, Communities
2. MAIN DUTIES
Responsible for implementation of activities related to the Fund raising:
- Finding and connect with donors
- Contact with potential donors (individuals, associations, organizations, companies or corporations) to introduce GNI and to present the needs for funding;
- Report on progress and results of the project for donor and direction board when requested;
- Connect donors with the team/ project offices through sharing information or developing communication channels;
- Directly or cooperate with other teams to make the community’s story of changes after receiving funding;
- Survey for making fund raising proposal
- Design methods and tools for collecting information, data about community’s problems and community’s needs;
- Guidance on using survey methods and tools for staff involved in the assessment and survey;
- Attend or directly organize the survey or community needs assessment;
- Make fund raising proposal
- Synthesis and analysis the collected data from the survey/ community needs assessment;
- Directly make fund raising proposal based on results of the survey/ community needs assessment;
- Directly make fund raising proposal based on require of donors or direction boards;
- Support other teams and field office to make fund raising proposal.
3. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree of Fund Raising, Sociology, Social work, Community Development or DME
- Work experience
- Minimum of 02 years’ experience in fund raising;
- Development project working experience is preferable;
- Experience and skills of fund raising, including need assessment, making proposal and communication.
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Proficient Office Computing;
- Convincingly proposal writing skills;
- Be good at project designing and planning;
- Be good at organizing, team work and interpersonal skills;
- Sociable, responsive
- Committed working with GNI at least 2 years.
- Truthful and accountable
4. SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary (gross): 350 USD
Salary (bonus): 0.8% of raised fund
Other benefits: according to GNI’s policy.
5. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (including a letter of motivation and a CV with a portrait photo attached) to Human Resource Division via the email address email@example.com or to the Head Office address: Good Neighbors International in Vietnam, 17th Floor, Block A, Song Da Building, My Dinh I, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi no later than 24th February 2017. We are very sorry that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.